On 3 August 2011 15:47, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:
> I've created a little diagram how I think the download has to work:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/docs/download_process.png
>
> As it seems we cannot go on like we did with OOo the JS magic has to change
> a bit, how to recognize the language, OS and country to assemble the nearest
> mirror server + file name to get the download URL.

I'm still struggling to understand why the existing ASF process for
selecting the nearest mirror is not appropriate for this.

If you use the existing infrastructure then all your "JS Magic" is not
necessary (although I confess to not knowing exactly how the ASF
mirror system works, for me it just works).

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)