Hi Rob,

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:58 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> The legacy OpenOffice.org project had an instance [1] of a source code
> searching, cross reference application called "OpenGrok"[2].  It is
> very useful, especially in a 6 million LOC project like OOo...

I'm not on the infra team so cannot comment on hosting on our main
infrastructure, but one thing that you can do for sure is to get a
zone or jail for OOo [0] and have your PPMC install and run that
software themselves.

I'm not sure if and how often those are backed up, so you might need
to sort out that, and I also don't think they are considered critical,
so the service might not be available 24/7 - just wanted to make sure
you are aware of this possibility.

-Bertrand

[0] http://www.apache.org/dev/solaris-zones.html - I think those docs
are out of date, nowadays infra is creating jails AFAIK, you can get
one by creating an issue like