On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>wrote:

> [...]

i have not talked about other Apache projects or the experience of other
developers working on these projects. I simply tried to express my
experience that probably other developers working on the huge code base of
AOO can confirm. OpenGrok is extremely useful, we had very good experience
with it and i think we need such a tool.

Try http://svn.services.openoffice.org/opengrok/

If you have a link to something comparable that we can try please let us
know.

As far as i have understood viewvc it seems to be also useful but is not
comparable with OpenGrok. We used OpenGrok to search quite fast in the
source code (version specific) for any kind of source relevant strings
(member names, method or type names, ....)

I don't wanted to be arrogant or presumptuous but i really don't care here
about other projects. I simply would like to achieve that i can work on AOO
efficiently as in the past. If other projects later on think that they can
benefit from using OpenGrok as well then it is even better.

Juergen