Claudio,
One reason I have tried to stay more or less muted (besides being
fiendishly busy) is because this Apache effort is a true community
effort. Apache is doing brilliantly ensuring that processes are kept
open and within the bounds of its charter and that we all are informed
of the why, where, what of things.

That is good.

But it also means that if we want something we have to do it, and do
it within the boundaries we consensually agree with. These are not the
OOo ones, though there is obviously correspondence. But it does mean
that we who remain interested in a future for the gosh darn best ODF
implementation and hope for a one-day-less-bloated version that could
fit smug in a tablet have work to do and that means being our own
leaders. Put another way: we need to find the resources to get what we
want. :-)

Cheers,
Louis