Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
I agree.  It looks like doing a reset and then rebuilding this
structure in a way that is appropriate for Apache OpenOffice is the
best way forward.

Probably; but in this case I'd wait a few weeks, possibly check with Trademarks what requirements we need to place on the distributors, then see who is distributing Apache OpenOffice 3.4 properly and remove the other ones. In any case, we already have some disclaimers in place so I wouldn't reset the page now (on the other hand, my initial position was similar to Drew's, i.e., zap everything by release time; I don't have strong preferences, but there's a lot of editing going on in the website currently and it seems the CMS does not allow to publish single files, so I'd postpone the cleanup until the release anyway).

Andrea Pescetti has done some work on the page today.  I suggest
consulting with him on a clean way forward.

What I did was:
- Remove the spam site as per original request: http://s.apache.org/6sF
- Notify Trademarks so that we can have advice: http://s.apache.org/6sF
- Remove spam/dead links, limited to Italy: http://s.apache.org/9dK
- Remove dead link reported by Fernando: http://s.apache.org/3Ec

So I just took the obvious uncontroversial actions. The real issue is still to be examined, but I'd give priority to what is strictly relevant for the release.

Regards,
  Andrea.