> Hi.
>
> 2012/5/21 Paulo de Souza Lima <paulo.s.l...@varekai.org>
>
> > 2012/5/21 Albino Biasutti Neto <biasut...@gmail.com>
> >
> > > Hi.

> > > Yes.
> > >
> > > Let's go ?!
> > >
> > > Who wants to also create questions feel free.
> > >
> > > Albino
> >
> > You?
>
> We. :)
>
> Albino

First off we need to figure what we want to learn, just asking random
questions is no way to endear us to our users.

We used to have a survey that the user connected to when s/he selected "I want
to register" during install.  That survey, set up by SUN, was very
comprehensive.
It had a couple of problems:
One was that it was just an information gathering exercise there seemed to be
no real goal other than that.

Second was that it took too long to fill in, around 45 minutes.  Consequently
very actually completed it.  I did the numbers on it a few years back but
unfortunately I can't find them.  Suffice to say it was miniscule,
insufficient to be a reasonable sample.

So therefore, any survey should have:

1) A specific goal such as: to guide marketing as to untapped target markets
or perhaps to answer a specific UX question.  In other words the data gathered
should be used to guide specific decisions

2) the survey participants should be told what the survey is about and how
their participation will affect the product.

3) An approximate completion time but no more than 10 minutes and as close to
5 as feasible.

We also need to identify the target audience and how we approach that
audience.

So question one:  What issue needs discussing right now and why.

My first response to this would be Aesthetics.  A common complaint that we
have had is that the interface looks something from Win 2000 period.

At first glance they are right.  Buttons look clunky, the 3D depression with
dark gray background does look old.  Symphony by comparison has a light
background behind the buttons on mouse over and a quite thin emboss on click.
It looks lighter and fresher.  Good job symphony team.

We could put up a set of UI designs or themes and survey our users feelings
about them.

What else could we usefully ask about?

Cheers
GL