2012/5/23 Graham Lauder <g.a.lau...@gmail.com>

> > On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Albino Biasutti Neto
> >
> > <biasut...@gmail.com>wrote:
> > > Hi.

> > > Sorry, thanks.

> home,
> support?
> > >
> > > Good!
> > >
> > > Open to suggestions. :-)
> > >
> > > Albino
> >
> > Where will these questions be asked? During the download process? During
> > the registration process? A poll on the web site?
> >
> > -Wolf
> >
> > PS Website polls 1 to 2 question open-ended questions (questions without
> > set choice of answers) have been known to produce very useful data-sets
> > among users of public library services, and I would suggest that model as
> > an interesting way to find out our own blind spots, regarding usage
> trends.
> > Closed-end questions such as "do you like seagulls" can only get 3
>
> Scaled response and open response questions are always better in terms of
> data
> that is dealing with aesthetics and feelings.  The art with these answers
> is
> in the interpretation.  A Yes/no response to a question is not an answer
> it's
> a vote and a sign of lazy Poll design.  We don't need to do that, we don't
> have department heads breathing down our necks and waving deadlines under
> our
> noses so as there is no pressure, our Survey design should be tops.

Indeed. Yet, Scaled questions should have a odd number of choices and
should be used for quantification. Five is a fair number, in my view. Open
questions should be used for qualification. They are harder to plot.

> What I would like to be able to do is to design a survey, collate the data,
> make a decision based on that data, publish it and then be able to point
> directly at a feature or design element that we can say was due to feedback
> from the survey.  This gives our surveys gravitas with users and we are
> more
> likely to get quality responses to later surveys.

This could be usefull to show users that their wishes are being heard,
discussed and can be implemented in the software someway.

> Cheers
> GL

Cheers.

--