This situation doesn't seem to be diffusing itself,
even tho I have tried to explain that the 3.4.0 release
deps "packaging" does not comply with infra policy.

Surely there is a middle ground here- that the missing
release deps package simply be generated from those
tarballs in svn.  So long as the source release uses

deps from the (downloaded from mirrors) deps package

instead of directly from svn, AFAICT this project will
be in compliance with all legal and infra policies.

Whether that's best practice is debatable, but I don't
believe it's so unreasonable that a rational person
would withhold their participation in the project over it.

HTH