I suggested this on the list a few weeks ago.  I'd like to now move
forward with it.

I'll volunteer to be one of the list moderators.  But I need 2-3 other
committers to volunteer as well.  Let me know if you can help.

l10n = localization or localisation, depending on where you went to school.

The purpose of the list would be coordination of the localization
efforts, including translation, for AOO.  Another purpose would be for
coaching new translators on the project., helping them to get started
and productive with our tools.

In other words, rather than ooo-dev's "drink from the fire hose"
approach, where power-user email filtering skills are necessary to
preserve sanity, let's offer a more focused collaboration environment
for translators