Am 08/23/2012 09:27 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
Way back in late April, Juergen proposed a new directory structure for
release packs than what we have now which is essentially:

/stable/VERSION/<en-US items>
/localized/<lang abbreviation>/VERSION/<lang items>

there are some other areas in SF as well and I don't know if they're still
being used

Could we restart the discussion, or just again send the proposed structure,
on what the "ideal" structure would look like so we could get to work on
modifying the download scripts? Thanks.

The separation between stable/ and localized/ were done in former OOO days to give the mirrors the freedom to pick their favorite builds. I f they had no big bandwidth power, they had at least the chance to spread the en-US builds to the world.

Nowadays, I don't see a reason to continue this - especially with SourceForge.

So a plain flat structure is not only simple to remember but also really manage-friendly from the point of view of the download scriping. As we want to improve this further we should keep this in mind.

Also IMHO no need to separate between the languages.

Furthermore, when you have to check for a potential error, then you you just need to verify this in a single directory and not more.

/stable/VERSION/<all and every install file>

Marcus