On 8/23/12 11:37 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 08/23/2012 01:14 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> This weird split complicates scripting operations on the tree.
>>>
>>> We could probably also eliminate the base of "/stable".  We don't
>>> release unstable code, do we?
>
> correct, and I think the schema that RGB currently proposes without the
> "/stable" is what Juergen basically proposed if memory serves.
> (I'm too lazy to go look for it. :/ )
>

>> I don't know if it's wanted by us or allowed by ASF:
>>
>> We could release Beta versions or RCs in a different dir than stable/.
>>
>> Then it would make sense to keep it. Otherwise you are right.
>
> Right now, since we are not releasing "betas" and I don't see this
> happening in the future given the ASF definition of "release", we have
> no need for a "/stable" vs anything else.

more or less but with going back to my proposal I think Rob made a good
proposal with some minimal but useful differentiation. The only thing I
woudl change is src = source because we already have it ;-)

/ooo/<VERSION>/source
/ooo/<VERSION>/bin/<LANG>/
/ooo/<VERSION>/bin/SDK/

>>> At a level higher we have another split, between source and binaries,
>>> where binaries are in "/files" and source is in VERSION.
>>>
>>> So:
>>>
>>> /ooo/3.4.1/source here
>>> /ooo/files/stable/de/3.4.1/binaries here
>>>
>>> This might  be harmonized as:
>>>
>>> /ooo/VERSION/src
>>> /ooo/VERSION/bin/LANG/
>>> /ooo/VERSION/bin/SDK
>
> yes. Hopefully Juergen will weigh in soonish.

not really necessary, I think we are more or less all on the same track ;-)

Juergen (who is moving slowly over in vacation mode)