2012.09.25. 21:06 keltezéssel, Rob Weir írta:
I've been looking at the upgrade numbers, the downloads that are
triggered from upgrade notifications in the OpenOffice client.
Although we are not tracking how many times such notifications pop up
in the OpenOffice client we do know from Google Analytics how many
users click the link to get more information on the update, and how
many of these users actually download the upgrade.

The trends have been pretty steady, a slight peak when a release is
initially made, but a lingering steady state of upgrade requests even
several weeks later.

For example, let's look at the status for a single day, last
Wednesday, Sept. 19th.

On that date we had 164,752 total downloads of AOO.  Of those
downloads, it looks like 54% of them come from upgrading users.  The
remainder are either from new users, or existing users that went to
the website directly rather than from an upgrade notification.  (No
easy way of distinguishing these two).

The interesting thing is the breakdown by OpenOffice client version.

For the upgrade installs on Sept 19th we see:

31% of upgrades were from AOO 3.4.0

52% of upgrades were from OOo 3.3.0

15% of upgrades were from OOo 3.2.1

3% of upgrades were from OOo 3.2.0

Note the OOo 3.3.0 numbers.  Nearly 4 months after AOO 3.4 was
released we are still getting large numbers of OOo 3.3.0 users
receiving and responding to upgrade notifications, nearly 20,000/day.

I'm not sure how to explain this.  Upgrade notifications should
surface once a week.

Maybe:

A) Some users are sporadically connected to the internet and the
upgrade check rarely is successful

B) Some users ignore/defer the upgrade notifications until a later
time, in some cases months later
Some features not supported in AOO 3.4.x especially, the report builder not developed any more,
and Base users meet problems with reports containing charts.
For this reason they after upgrade to AOO 3.4.x downgrade back az least one computer in companies
to OOo 3.3 for report creating, and not care about update warning.
And waiting for solution, and we can not provide them real solution,
It is from forum posts (LibO no solutions for them, because their report builder has different bugs,
which prevent from daily work.)
Zoltan

C) Some user run OpenOffice rarely, sometimes at an interval of several months

D) Someone, some web site, some organization, etc., is still
distributing OpenOffice.org 3.3.0 to users, and after they install
they get the AOO upgrade notification.

If D), this is somewhat a concern, since users running OOo 3.3.0 are
exposed to several security flaws.