OK more information and a workaround (problem on aix, workaround on aix) for
e.g.
dxexec.
If there is libMagick.so at or before libMagick.a during the link, the (dump-H)
header will read "libMagick.so" not "libMagick.a"  .
libMagick.so will then be found via the path information in the executable
header
or via LIBPATH.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH seems to be ignored by the loader.
Even if they are all symlinks to the same library e.g. libMagick.so.4.0.28 the
appearance of libMagick.so in the header appears to be critical, the absence of
shr.o its member section may have something to do with why.
Pete