Hi All,

As you may already know New Zealand have decided to used openEHR Archetypes for
modelling an Exchange Content
Model<http://www.ithealthboard.health.nz/content/health-information-exchange-architecture-building-blocks>
 for the purpose of standardising payload content during health information
exchange (HIE). Of course there's heaps of prior work done, mostly propriety
dataset specifications we well as some v2 based constructs and now CDA
templates. We also decided to go with CDA as the common payload between
systems, preferably with a web-services based connectivity. So ideally the
content model will be defined using Archetypes that will then be templated for
specific use-cases (e.g. eReferrals) and finally create final CDA payload (as
much automatically as we can). And then the propagation of any changes needed
in that exchange will be from the Content Model to CDA - so these will remain
linked. However initially we need to run the cycle backwards: I've been tasked
by the government to review existing CDA templates and former standards and
build part of the content model for medication list, allergies and adverse
reactions by harmonising with what's standing out there as good/reusable
examples. Of course first place to look at is openEHR and NEHTA CKM but I know
a great deal of stuff is also out there. I'm hoping that once we get the
essentials done we can resume the normal lifecycle.

I'd really appreciate if you could share if there's any relevant work that you
think might worth looking at. I'm particularly interested in other national
CKM's. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

-koray

www.openehr.org.nz<http://www.openehr.org.nz>

Koray Atalag, MD, PhD, FACHI

Senior Research Fellow

School of Population Health, The University of Auckland

Private Bag 92019 Auckland 1142, New Zealand

Email: k.atalag at nihi.auckland.ac.nz<mailto:k.atalag at nihi.auckland.ac.nz>
| Web: www.nihi.auckland.ac.nz<http://www.nihi.auckland.ac.nz/>

Skype: atalagk  Mob: 021 02412096  DDI: +64 9 923 7199