Colleagues,

I read reactions that indicate that sometimes you seem to model reality from
the point of view of the living subject, the Subject of Care.
And other times you seem to model statements by an author irrespective of the
reality the SoC is in.

In the world of EHR’s I (and the method called SIAMM) take the point of view
that the EHR is about documenting statements by an author about a subject of
care.
These statements are subjective and not necessarily represent the real state of
the SoC; it is a subjective statement that is real and true for the author only
at that point in time.

The Date of Birth and Date of Death in the demographics are therefor subjective
statements documented by an author at that point it time,
A SoC with a DoB and not a DoD is supposed to be alive.

You must decide what you are modeling using archetypes.

Gerard Freriks
+31 620347088
gf...@luna.nl <mailto:gf...@luna.nl>