From: sam.he...@oceaninformatics.com
To: openehr-technical at openehr.org
Subject: RE: Representing binary values with DV_BOOLEAN
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 11:54:49 +0930

Hi The issue needs to be discussed first in the modelling of the archetype. If
a Boolean is accepted at this level then that is what it is (for the moment)
and how that is displayed on the screen then becomes an issue. I agree that
positive/negative != True/False. ?Test Positive? could have a true/false as in
Test result abnormal in HL7 lab tests. Fabiane?s idea that a Boolean defaults
to false seems to be an implementation issue ? it is possible to have a
tri-state Y/N/Null widget to cope with the null. This is a worthwhile
discussion.  Cheers, Sam    From: openehr-technical-bounces at openehr.org