One point I'd like underline explicitly is: let us stay away from the
management of an actual server if we can. All the discussions so far
seem to imply this, but I wanted to express this clearly.
Regardless of what we choose, if we can avoid having an actual machine
to take care of, we'll do much better. It does not matter if it is a
virtual or real machine, there will have to be security updates,
software updates etc. It is much more efficient to consider this
aspect of running the tools as infrastructure and delegate it to
whatever provider we use.
Unless someone thinks we need to have full control of a server, let us
go with a set of services, and leave the management of server to
hosting provider.

I think we need to distinguish between collaborative tools for wiki,
CKM, web site, SVN etc and development infrastructure. Build servers,
or a server for some web services should not be handled on the same
infrastructure with the collaborative tools. I think that is a
different discussion.

Kind regards
Seref