Hello.

After doing the E2 keypad mapping andgetting gmzhuo's patch so quickly I was
musing about naming the keys.

They are some sort of userspace API. Apps or framework will depend on them, so
we should try to not break this later. On the other hand the keymapping should
be in the next batch of upstream submission, so we need to think about this.

It's not really hard, just names for keys :), but we still should have sane and
meaningful names for them. And especially the same meaning accross phones.

From the different phones I haave here, I think the following could make sense:
(Input from E6 and A910 would be needed if the following does not cover them)

Keypad (A780, A910, E2):
Numbers  KEY_NUMERIC_0 -  KEY_NUMERIC_9
* is  KEY_NUMERIC_STAR
# is  KEY_NUMERIC_POUND (These and the two above are especially for phones in
# input.h)
Menu KEY_MENU
Cancel KEY_CANCEL
Enter KEY_KPENTER

Navigation stick/pad: (All)
KEY_UP, KEY_DOWN, KEY_LEFT, KEY_RIGHT
KEY_ENTER for pressing

Dial, the green one: (All)
KEY_PHONE

Camera: (All)
KEY_CAMERA

Voice record: (A780, E2, A1200, more?)
KEY_RECORD

Volume +/- or Up / Down on the side: (All?)
KEY_PAGEDOWN and KEY_PAGEUP
Some also have an enter key for this in between, A1200, or a jogdial with press
function. KEY_SELECT or KEY_OK for this one?

Without name / Softkeys: (E2, E680)
KEY_F1, KEY_F2, ...

House / Home: (A780)
KEY_HOME

WWW: (E6)
KEY_WWW

Media keys: (E2, E6?)
Play / Pause KEY_PLAYPAUSE
Next KEY_NEXTSONG
Previous KEY_PREVIOUSSONG
Music symbol KEY_SOUND

The power key, sometimes red, is connected directly to the PCAP2 so we does
not have it in the mapping. I think on 1 gen it is also connected directly to
the BP? This one needs to be handled seperately. Still the name for it would be
clear: KEY_POWER

Mickey, as the userspace/framework guy, do you have any other pints you would
like to see addressed?

I'll push the E6 keymap patch from gmzhuo. Once we found an agreement on the
names I'll also clean up all the different names in different keymaps, etc..

regards
Stefan Schmidt