Hello.

On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 23:45, Antonio Ospite wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 22:57:42 +0200
> Stefan Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Menu KEY_MENU
> > Cancel KEY_CANCEL
>
> I am not sure about how the middle button on the first line of A780
> keypad should be interpreted. It is KEY_MENU now, but the picture looks
> like a C with a back arrow, should it be a KEY_CANCEL? What's your
> opinion about this button?
> The Button with the C and the little arrow on A910 is definitely a
> KEY_CANCEL.

Same on the E2. I used KEY_CANCEL for it. I just checked the behaviour on the
default system on my A780. It is for sure not a menu key. The menu apperas when
pressing the joystick. The red button for release call and the middle button
seem to have the same function in the menus, cancel. Do we get keycodes for the
red one?

I would go with KEY_CANCEL for the middle button. Need to think about the red
one. This is special on A780 as it has a red release call button AND a power
button. All other phones just have one for both.

> > Voice record: (A780, E2, A1200, more?)
> > KEY_RECORD
> >

> ACK, A910 has the voice record button too, it is on the right side of
> the phone.

OK

> > Volume +/- or Up / Down on the side: (All?)
> > KEY_PAGEDOWN and KEY_PAGEUP
> > Some also have an enter key for this in between, A1200, or a jogdial with
> > press
> > function. KEY_SELECT or KEY_OK for this one?
> >

> I'd say KEY_KPENTER as stated above, but I am not sure, what do you
> think about that?

Hmm, KPENTER, OK, SELECT are all pretty near in the phone context. No strong
opinion here. If userspace has no oipinion here (Mickey?) we can go with KPENTER

> > Without name / Softkeys: (E2, E680)
> > KEY_F1, KEY_F2, ...
> >

> ACK, a910 has also those softkeys as the topmost ones.

OK.

Any special purpose keys like WWW symbols or something on the A910?

Thanks for the input.

regards
Stefan Schmidt