On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 01:04:18 +0100
Stefan Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 22:57, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > From the different phones I haave here, I think the following could make
> > sense:
> > (Input from E6 and A910 would be needed if the following does not cover
> > them)
>
> A bit late, as always, but the changes are now in the git repo. Notes below.

Thanks Stefan.

> > Keypad (A780, A910, E2):
> > Numbers  KEY_NUMERIC_0 -  KEY_NUMERIC_9
> > * is  KEY_NUMERIC_STAR
> > # is  KEY_NUMERIC_POUND (These and the two above are especially for phones
> > in
> > # input.h)
>
> Done.

Good, too bad evtest isn't updated with the right names, but the
keycodes are ok on A780 and A910

> > Menu KEY_MENU
> > Cancel KEY_CANCEL
> > Enter KEY_KPENTER
>
> As discussed I'll go with KEY_   here.

Do you mean KEY_MENU here? Ok, but then we should use the same code also
for the C button on other phones, compare the middle button on top in
[1] and the C button on the right in [2], I really think they should
have the same meaning, whatever it is :)

The C is still a KEY_CANCEL on a910.

> > Dial, the green one: (All)
> > KEY_PHONE
>
> I bought Antonios arguments about the red-> cancel and green->  ok namings
> semantic.

Good, but it is still KEY_PHONE on A910, just let me know if you want
me to fix that.

> > Some also have an enter key for this in between, A1200, or a jogdial with
> > press
> > function. KEY_SELECT or KEY_OK for this one?
>
> As we have sold ok to the green key, I go with SELECT here.

AFAICS the jogdial center button is still KEY_ENTER on A780, so for the
no-name button on the left side of A910.

> These are still open. Also input, but not keypad:
>
> * KEY_CONNECT for USB insertion/removal
> * SW_HEADPHONE_INSERT for headphone insertion/removal
> * SW_LID for the hinge.

ACK.

> regards
> Stefan Schmidt