Molly,

I wish you all the best, and a happy and productive
time in Tunis. I agree that we should all try hard to
promote Open Source and give it some "legitimacy" in
the eyes of those who have fear and doubt.

We have succeeded to include in our governments
e-government initiative, that they will look at Open
Source solutions along with proprietary ones on an
equal basis.

The Agency setup by the government - the Information
and Communication Technology Agency also accepts the
same and I am in the e-health committee.

How successful this will be in the actual
implementation in the near future, remains to be seen.
The need for some organizations to support open source
ventures is a must.

This goes for all countries as this will become a
country by country, city by city advocacy. Every
city/country who adopt open source successfully will
be a great strength to all others.

Since the future is unknown. let's work for the
present. Your initiative is one of them.

Nandalal

=== message truncated ===

http://farechase.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/W4wwlB/TM