Will,
             I am confused too. Wouldnt such a technology have to be turning
test capable? Are you looking for something that can search Free Text make a
determination if it is related to HIV, and then catagorize the whole text as
"related to HIV"? Or are you looking for something that is capable of
allowing the rest of the note to pass through, and only eliminate the
portions relating to HIV. (which seems much harder).

Could you give an example of how your application might work?

-FT

--
Fred Trotter
http://www.fredtrotter.com