>    1. Unfortunately, even with ”ignore optional problems” Eclipse
>    generates the “missing required source folder”.

I added the following to the classpath of graphics:

 <classpathentry kind="src" path="build/hi">
    <attributes>
        <attribute name="ignore_optional_problems" value="true"/>
    </attributes>
</classpathentry>

Eclipse adds the non-existent source folder even though there is no such
directory and does not complain. We should be able to revert the changes
done to the graphics classpath file and then add the other
platform-specific entries.
Worst case, we could generate an empty folder, but that would require
changing the build, which is not the best approach.

I also managed to reproduce the runtime error by using an application that
uses fonts. If you know what the Mac/Linux-specific folders are, I will add
them to my classpath and see if everything works for me.