I don't rent, I own the infrastructure so can dedicate hardware. Most of my
blades are minimum dual duo-core 2.4 and up with 8 to 16GB of memory. Based
on what you mention below, sounds like I have plenty of power.

The problem is that even in testing sip servers for example, we've come
across plenty of timing issues where the clock would skew and become a
problem so have since avoided anything which is real time such as sip or
audio/video.

This is why I thought it was interesting when I saw this thread as I most
definitely like to use VM's when possible because of the benefits in
maintenance.

Sounds like you don't have any concerns using OM on VM's so I think I'll
give it a try. I tend not to overburden blades when doing this because
hardware is cheap, complaints aren't.

Thanks for the input.

Mike