Hi

The appliance referenced in the first email from Diogo was built by
me, I made this often, not yet for the 1.7 version I'm afraid. The
idea is to be easy to anyone to try openmeetings without all the
issues of platform / components / versions compatibility, it is just
starting the virtual machine and that's it. For example, running
openmeetings on Ubuntu Server 11.04 64 bit is not just to run some
apt-get commands and go, you have to build some packages from source
because they are not available, etc (for example swftools). I've even
used one of the previous VMs I built on the company where I work to
have an easier way of communicating between our different geographic
sites, our IT support guys put it temporarily running on their ESX
VMware platform. Now they supply a service based on Scopia, so "my" VM
is not used anymore - one nice thing about Scopia that I can't compete
with Openmeetings is the integration with other videoconference
systems. We have several videoconference rooms with Polycom hardware
videoconference systems, and we are able to interact with these
systems in our PCs through the Scopia service.

Best regards

Fernando