> On 9 May 2019, at 10:09, kristof.mul...@telenet.be wrote:
>
> ... Releases for both Windows and Linux (and why not MacOS) would be great.

for a few releases per year I can handle the multi-platform binary
distribution, as I already did. I provide 32/64 Windows, 32/64 Linux, and macOS
binaries.

for more generality I anyway plan to move all binary tools I maintain
(arm/risc-v toolchains, openocd, qemu, make, etc) outside the GNU MCU Eclipse
project, and rename them like xPack OpenOCD, xPack QEMU, etc; all of them will
be available as portable archives, that can be installed manually or via the
portable tool 'xpm' (the xPack Package Manager -
https://www.npmjs.com/package/xpm).

regards,

Liviu

p.s. for the Linux package maintainers that may ask 'why a new package
manager', xPacks are by design not only portable, but multi-version, which
means it is possible to install several different versions of the same package
at the same time, and allow each project to use the version it needs, via a
list of dependencies that are automatically satisfied by 'xpm'. very simple and
convenient, including in CI environments.