On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:00, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> The new PKCS#11 header *is* a derivative work of the original RSA
> interface. If you think implementing RSA PKCS#11 in OpenSC makes it a

No, it is not a derivative work.  It is an implementation of the
interface defined in the pkcs#11 specs.  That is what interfaces are
for and it is also what the EU vs MS case is about: Releasing the
specs of the interface and not the actual code.

Header files which are more complicate than a simple list of constants
are subject to copyright and thus it is required to obey the
conditions RSA Inc set forth in the copyright notices of
pkcs11{,f,t}.h.

> It seems completely useless to me. We should use the original and
> official RSA headers.

It is the same thing as with OpenSSL. You can't use it with GPL
software because the GPL does not allow restrictions beyond those
defined by the GPL.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner