Andreas Jellinghaus ha scritto:
so I can print the document (unchanged, so complient to this license),
and give it to someone else. that person receives a book from me,
nothing else. no contract or anything binding that person to me or
rsa labs. no obligation from rsa labs to me to not give anyone a copy
unless that persons signs a contract or anything like that.

so now that person has a book and no legal obligations other than
the normal copyright. in can quote. if it copies small parts, those
will not even be recognized as having any weight in terms of copyright
and thus won't be protected by copyright at all. and since the
pkcs#11 standard book is a technical standard, I'm pretty sure, the individual lines defining some structure, function or constant/define
will be not considered to have any copyright on them.

Perfect. Then we could only extract all the functions and data types from the specs, create an header file that is *identical* to the original one (perhaps with mis-ordered lines) but *without* the ugly license and we are all ok. You are saying so, we are copying small parts from the specs, so it's ok, we even don't need to modify the structures. Very easy.

--
Alessandro Premoli