On 7/21/07, Andreas Jellinghaus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Friday 20 July 2007 22:17:00 Klaus Heinz wrote:
> > This is the same issue I have with openct and the automatic detection
> > of pcsc-lite. If it's possible to use openct without pcsc-lite and this
> > is a supported configuration I prefer to have a switch to explicitly
> > enable/disable this option.
>
> even if opensc is compiled with more libs than you want, all you need
> is a simple config file change to deactivate one driver. is that not goog
> enough?

No, as if you remove one of the components it breaks the package.
For example you want openct to work without pcsc-lite.
You need pcsc-lite for somekind of PKCS#11 provider.

You installed the PKCS#11 first, then openct.
openct automatically detected pcsc-lite.
Now you removed the PKCS#11 provider, which also removed the pcsc-lite
(You don't use this anymore).
Now openct is broken.

Alon.