Hello,

On 28/07/07, Andreas Jellinghaus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Monday 23 July 2007 14:03:42 Jean-Pierre Szikora wrote:
> > I can not run anymore ./bootstrap for any version of opensc-trunk >3204.
> > I'm working with a Fedora Core 6. Installed autoconf is 2.59 and m4 is
> > 1.4.8. Are the changes introduced in svn 3202-3203-3204 require now
> > latest version of autoconf or m4?
>
> I think they broke your system. can you try again, if it works now? I reverted
> 3203 and 3204.
>
> > aclocal:configure.in:302: warning: macro `AM_PATH_LIBASSUAN' not found
> > in library
>
> ah, the assuan m4 package seems to be the one causing the problem.
> I now reverted all changes / added back all aclocal files. we could leave
> some out, but I'm not sure that is the beast idea. on the other side I
> don't want to force anyone to install libassuan, so keeping at least this
> one is a good idea.

You should have libassuan-dev installed if you want to run ./bootstrap
so that the .m4 file is found and the macro `AM_PATH_LIBASSUAN'
expanded.

> Ludovic, did the shipped m4 packages cause any problem to you?
> which one? if it is not libassuan, we can remove it and keep the others.

The shipped m4 packages do not really cause a problem for me. But they
are different (older?) than the ones provided by the Debian library
packages.

The real problem I have is with configure.in. It does _not_ work for me.

bye

--
  Dr. Ludovic Rousseau