On 09/08/07, Alon Bar-Lev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/9/07, Ludovic Rousseau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This patch works for me. Any objection to commit it?
>
> After another quick look...
> Some thoughts...
>
> 1. Rename configure.in into configure.ac

No objection

> 2. Why do you store the following: aclocal/pkg.m4, aclocal/libassuan.m4?
> The should be provided and maintained by the packages installed at
> your system...
> They should be removed from svn.

Exact. I also suggested (and committed) that but some people had
problem with that. I guess it was because libassuan-dev package was
not installed. But I have no news since then.

> 3. Why configure has AM_MAINTAINER_MODE? It is best to go without.

I do not agree. AM_MAINTAINER_MODE will prevent make to try to rebuild
Makefile.in if it detects Makefile.am is more recent.
"end-users" should not have to have automake installed just to run
./configure & make

It is far more easier for maintainers to use ./configure
--enable-maintainer-mode to have the desired behavior.

> 4. Once you don't use AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS, you can remove
> aclocal/lib-link.m4, aclocal/lib-prefix.m4, aclocal/lib-ld.m4

Exact.

Can we/I commit these changes now and manage complaints/problems or do
we want to wait until a new stable version of OpenSC is released?

bye

--
  Dr. Ludovic Rousseau