On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Martin Paljak <mar...@paljak.pri.ee> wrote:
>> But it is working correctly, that patch was incorrect.
> Leaving the possible changed logic for ChangeLog generation aside, what was
> incorrect in that patch?

The changes in the docs, exactly what you request next.

>> Please explain in some more details what is the problem with current
>> trunk, so I can fix it.
> I'd like to clean up doc directory, the api directory and the symlinking in
> doc/Makefile.am are not needed for manpage generation.
>
> That was one of the changes in my original patch that actually triggered the
> distcheck problem, removing wiki dumping was not a problem.
>
> If you could also fix my original root cause would be great.

I worked very hard to make it work in the past, I do not think there
is a simpler shorter way to do this.

The problem is that automake assume you seldom provide generated files
within the source tarball, as you can always generate the files when
you build the package.

What we are trying to do is to provide pre-generated document files
within the tarball, I don't like it, but this was the requirement.

Doing so, when we need to support separate build directory is somewhat
complex, as we cannot make the source directory dirty.

But... the only dependency we require is xsltproc, so maybe we can
rethink this... Provided you agree that building the package with
--enable-doc or --enable-man requires xsltproc available on build
machine, we can remove all this useless generation and hacks.

Alon.