On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Douglas E. Engert <deeng...@anl.gov>wrote:

> I have been testing 0.13.0-pre1 from tarball listed below.
>
> Builds on Solaris.
>
> works with MIT Kerberos PKINIT and pam_krb5 to login to AD as the KDC.
>
> Can sign Email using thunderbird 13.0.1.
>
> The pkcs11-tool -derive using ECDH works using a PIV test card from NIST
> and a card I created. (i.e. using the key frome a card and the cert from
> the other card, will produce the same secret key.)

Ok, thanks for the testing.

In 0.13.0-pre1 there is the bug that concerns the using of non-initialized
OID data.
My non-regression tests were done with the current (*d525ca97e3*) 'master'
version:

For the OpenSC installed on Linux from tarball
the following tests of the where done using the pkcs15 and pkcs11 tools,
with the cards 'CardOS v4.3B', 'SetCOS 4.4.1 B', 'Athena', 'Aventra' and
'Feitian':
- erase card (pkcs15-init -E);
- initialize (ex. pkcs15-init -C --label "IDX-SCM" -P --auth-id 53434D
--so-pin "12345678" --so-puk "123456" --pin "999999" --puk "888888");
- generate RSA 1024/2048 (depending on card);
- import PKCS#12 with user and CA certificates;
- get public key from imported or generated key;
- sign data using pkcs15-crypt and pkcs11-tool and verify it with openssl;
- decrypt the data encypted by openssl;

Using Firefox 12.0 and Thunderbird 15.0.1, on Vista, with IAS/ECC card and
OpenSC installed from MSI:
- generate key and sign certificate request;
- import certificate;
- authenticate to access protected web page.
- import PKCS#12;
- sign mail;
- decrypt mail.

As for me, still to test are minidriver (IE and outlook), smartcard logon
(windows) and SM (for the cards that support it).

Do you have other suggestions for the non-regression tests?

Kind regards,
Viktor.