getconf PATH adds the POSIX and SUS tools in front of /usr/bin and
includes development tools from /opt/SUNWspro/bin and /usr/ccs/bin.
IMO all good things and certainly better than PATH=/usr/bin alone.
Many utilities in /usr/bin are utterly unable to handle Cyrillic,
including Ukrainian while the tools in /usr/xpg4/bin are able to deal
with it.

Olga