Milan Jurik wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith p??e v p? 19. 03. 2010 v 16:39 -0700:
>> Garrett D'Amore wrote:
>>> I'm also of the opinion that it is a mistake to sacrifice familiarity
>>> for our paying Solaris 10 customers in favor of familiarity for people
>>> coming from Linux.
>> But clearly all our paying Solaris 10 customers already have dotfiles to
>> set $PATH, given how useless the default Solaris 10 $PATH is.
>
> I would be very carefull with claiming "all our paying Solaris 10
> customers"...

Okay, make it "Any Solaris 10 customer (paying or not) who actually wants
to use the system" - given the lack of some basic commands in the default
path, such as /usr/sbin/ping or /usr/ccs/bin/make, the Solaris 10 default
PATH shows we've long required customers to change the default PATH to
actually make the system usable to either sysadmins or developers.

        -Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com