On 03/22/10 04:04 PM, Don Cragun wrote:
> On Mar 22, 2010, at 10:20:20 -0700, Garrett D'Amore wrote:

>>> And notably, that path hasn't changed.   The /usr/gnu/bin change
>>> was only in the default .profile installed in new user accounts.
>>>

>> This has its own problems... having the GNU path be used by new users,
>> is going to cause problems when those same users get a totally different
>> set of tools when they issue cronjobs or at jobs.
>>
>> I've commented in PSARC 2010/067.  Lets take the discussion there please.
>>
>>      - Garrett
>>
> Garrett,
> I'm not sure if you intend it this way or not, but what is coming across
> to some of us (who do not get paychecks from Oracle) is that you want us
> to shut up and go home.  You want to move all discussion on a topic that
> affects most of us to the case log of a private case where we cannot
> participate.

I don't mean for that at all.  But the change of the default path is
being handled as part of PSARC 2010/067 -- i.e. that is the case (and
its still open) that started this whole mess.  I'm not a fan of the fact
that the case is closed, but I cannot discuss rationale for it being
closed in public, which I'm sure you understand.

I would be happy (and I've suggested this in my notes in that case) for
the /usr/gnu portion to become a new separate case, which is open.  I'm
not the project team nor case owner, nor ARC chair, so ultimately I have
no control over that.

> You have already said that 2010/067 covers several issues and that many
> of them "should" be open.  Would it really be that much work for an
> internal ARC member to split 2010/067 into two parts and open the case
> that doesn't contain Oracle proprietary info?

Again, I can't talk about the rationale for the bits that are closed
being so.  All I can tell you is I'm not thrilled about it.

     - Garrett