"James Dickens" writes:
> perhaps project approval is just too easy for Sun's pet projects.

Or any community member's pet project...  The projects page says:

  The process for requesting a new project requires that a community
  member write a proposal to the opensolaris-discuss list and at least
  one other community member agree with the proposal.

There's no statement about employer there.  If you'd like one, perhaps
that's a matter to take up with the OGB?

> and at least one of the
> one of the two people that okayed the project had a vested interest in
> it, "(a volunteer on the SFW-Cteam in my copious free time),"

I said that in the interest of full-disclosure.  It seemed dishonest to
not reveal my participation.

> it would of been better to engnlist parties that are involved to work
> together on this task, so that you would have broarder support.

I hope all interested parties will participate in the discussion once
the project mailing list is open.

liane
--
Liane Praza, Solaris Kernel Development