On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 18:19 -0700, Alan DuBoff wrote:
> On Monday 17 April 2006 05:20 pm, Erast Benson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 16:23 -0700, Alan DuBoff wrote:
> > > However, what I personally would like to see is the same thing I've
> > > always invisioned from the days of yesteryear...That we could have a full
> > > distribution that rivaled any of the open source distributions with
> > > Solaris as our core, rather than Linux (Debian specific, or shall we say
> > > apt functionality). Who would have thought Solaris would become open
> > > sources, the thought was laughable 4+ years when the topic surfaced.
> >
> > OK. Just to prevent an idea of splintering of Debian+OpenSolaris (i.e.
> > NexentaOS) community. :-) Lets try to avoid a creation of yet another
> > Debian+OpenSolaris community at the moment. Instead work with Nexenta
> > guys to implement what you want.
>
> Sure, and blastwave would like us to work with them so there is no loss in
> their camp either, as would the gentoo folks, the pkgsrc folks, and others as
> well.

It looks like there is a bit of misunderstanding here. Blastwave problem
has little to do with NexentaOS. In fact, we don't even have those
problems at all since NexentaOS developed from ground up whereas
Blastwave pretty much relying on Solaris.

> > Join[5] Debian+OpenSolaris community today and help us to build a distro
> > of your dream!
>
> You folks have done a great job at merging Debian with OpenSolaris, I commend
> you for that. We need to think about the big picture, and that includes a lot
> of other players. If it is at all possible to create a system that would not
> only please you folks, but Blastwave, pkgsrc, or gentoo as well, all the
> better IMO.

Sounds impossible at first glance... What do you have in mind?

--
Erast