On 5/5/06, Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Holger Berger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 5/5/06, Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > "Holger Berger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 1) Linux & FreeBSD currently work on a full NFSv4 implementation that
> >         includes the NFSv4 XATTE interface which is the base of the
> >         Solaris XATTR interface.
>
> Linux will support NFSv4 fully - without the XATTR extensions. The
> XATTR support is suspended indefinitely.

Wrong: I encourtage you to talk to the people who are working on the
project.

Unless they did change their mind recently, they are still working on
support for XATTRs.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)

I asked the Novell kernel engineers at LinuxTag in Wiesbaden. Neither
Novell/Suse or Red Hat will support the NFSv4 version of XATTR in the
foreseeable future.

Holger