>But why is SUNW so uninterested???
>Where is your vision of ^^We strongly believe in "One Solaris"^^ now?

There is a lot of history there and it is hard to change.
I'm sure they don't want to ship on Xorg on SPARC which only supports
older framebuffers poorly so a lot more work is involved.

>Are you afraid of publically being expected to opensource all your (mostly
>eol'ed) gfx drivers?
>Or is it that you yourself don't believe in sparc anymore.
>I will better stop here.
>I wished, you truly meant it 100.00% serious with above vision.
>_No_ exceptions: Just as you said it(!).

We're serious but it's a matter of resources.

It's also not possible to opensource everything (OpenSourcing costs time
and effort and sometimes you spend those resources only to find out that
you cannot open source the drivers.

>Martin Bochnig
>marTux
>
>p.s.: Is SUNW interested in GRUB2 on sparc? We finally could boot from USB
>mass storage then.

We're working on something akin newboot for SPARC; how would grub2 on SPARC
allow for booting from USB?  Grub2 would need to be loaded from somewhere
else first.

Casper