Hello Glynn,

GF> There may never be a community phenomenon quite like Linux in terms of
numbers
GF> and the creation of a grass roots environment.

There's a community phenomenon but frankly I think people exaggerate
it. I mean when you put aside GNOME, KDE, ... and concentrate on what
Linux actually is - the kernel and surroundings then how many people
are actually working on it? How many of them are paid directly or
indirectly by RedHat, Suse and other companies?

Now, it would be great if other companies would actively participate
in Open Solaris, that's for sure.

There're also other companies and universities which are doing
something with Linux and at the end it pays off. I belive we should
attract them.

I do not belive many (if any) people are actually doing anything
important in Linux kernel in their free time - those times are over.

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]