Martin Bochnig wrote:
While I am listed as (non-core-)contributor (to the PowerPC community), my main
activities ([EMAIL PROTECTED], www.martux.org and
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/qemu/leaders/) don't seem to count.
So I am by no means a "core contributor" - okay.

The system for choosing core contributors is notably flawed in that
it only recognizes people working with Communities, not Projects or
distros.   (For instance, Roland wasn't initially listed because
ksh93 is a Project, not a Community, and hasn't been affiliated with
any Community groups, yet he's one of the biggest contributors in
reality.   Similarly, is your qemu project affiliated with any
community?  If so, ask the leaders of that community why you weren't
included.)

For Xorg on sparc, I didn't list you because you have not yet
contributed anything to the X Community - but I was also very
unsure who to list when I generated the list of Core Contributors.
I'm sure once we get going on integrating your work into the X
Community, you'll count as a Core Contributor for X in the future,
but my understanding was Contributor status was supposed to reflect
past results, not future plans.

For your work on martux though, I think you would easily qualify for
one of the "Contributor at Large" spots, by mailing cab-discuss to
request such status.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]