On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

[ ... ]
In this case, I think it's still a follow-on of the poor initial setup
of Communities - instead of a Xen community, we should have a Virtualization
community with Xen & qemu projects.

And a Zones project. And a BrandZ project. A solaris-vmware forum. Whatever. A first-contact point for people interested in virtualization.

A big second frome me for this idea of "umbrella communities", a little bit more hierarchies than the current very flat setup would only do good. Very similar considerations apply to e.g. Filesystems. Why need a ZFS community, a NFS community, and one for UFS ? Why no "generic" umbrella with specific subdivisions as projects ?

FrankH.