On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 10:25:28AM -0800, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

> In this case, I think it's still a follow-on of the poor initial setup
> of Communities - instead of a Xen community, we should have a Virtualization
> community with Xen & qemu projects.

Completely agree.  Nothing precludes the formation of such a community
today under the existing process, followed immediately by the creation
of a QEMU project, endorsement, and grant of Core Contributor status
by the Community's new leaders.  If such events transpire, I would
expect the Xen Community (acting jointly with the new Community) to
petition the OGB for coalescence under an agreement specifying the
leadership roles and status of contributorship grants and project
endorsements under the unified Community.  I would also expect that
petition to incorporate a request that Xen be reclassified as a
Project.  It seems more likely than not that the Xen Community would
not retain that status following a thorough review by the next OGB, so
there is little incentive for anyone to defer cleaning this up.

--
Keith M Wesolowski              "Sir, we're surrounded!"
FishWorks                       "Excellent; we can attack in any direction!"