Patrick Finch wrote:

 > I'd say the only marketing voice that counts for OpenSolaris is that
 > of the
> Marketing Community here on OpenSolaris.org (of which Sun's marketing > is
 > but a member).

The OpenSolaris marketing community has never done anything on the lines of product management to my knowledge, but rather, it has been about facilitating community building up to this point. Indeed, Jim just convened a lengthy discussion on those lines.

Yes, we had a conversation on the Marketing list and User Group list for a month that culminated in the Advocacy Community proposal: http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/ogb-discuss/2007-April/000432.html

Jim
--
Jim Grisanzio, Sr. Program Manager, OpenSolaris Engineering
http://blogs.sun.com/jimgris