Alan Burlison writes:
> Read more like a credit agreement than a community-friendly document.

Agreed.  Perhaps we also need an unofficial "how this works" document.

I do see a need for unambiguous language that sets out exactly how
these things are supposed to work.  Otherwise, if we used only
"community-friendly" text, we'd forever get involved in pointless
squabbles about who has the authority to do what, or what things are
"required."

I agree, though, that much of this stuff is dense, hard to read, and
possibly hazardous to look at while operating machinery.  A short and
friendly intro for 'ordinary' project creation would probably be a
helpful.  (Though, perhaps, the project in the Subject: line above
wouldn't necessarily benefit.)