Simon Phipps wrote:

I do see a need for unambiguous language that sets out exactly how
these things are supposed to work.  Otherwise, if we used only
"community-friendly" text, we'd forever get involved in pointless
squabbles about who has the authority to do what, or what things are
"required."

Isn't that what's happening now, though, /with/ the credit agreement style, and among the people who wrote it?

Well, I didn't write it, but I do disagree with it ;-)

And I also dispute that the OGB actually has a mandate to impose such a community-wide processes without the approval of entire community, i.e. without a community-wide vote.

--
Alan Burlison