On May 31, 2007, at 15:24, Brian Gupta wrote:

One other comment. Generally, a project proposal, would be posted to
the interested communities for comment, before being submitted fait
acompli to the OGB. (I have cc'ed in those communities that I think,
at a minimum, should be included

Actually, I agree with James that the project is so far-reaching that it's a community-wide issue - I think Glynn did the right thing approaching the OGB and osol-discuss lists, although it's good to see which lists you think are affected too. I'd like to see the OGB give positive, supportive guidance (as well as to see your proposal and Glynn's harmonised), probably by selecting or creating a community to work on the proposal you and Glynn are pioneering.

But even if it was the wrong choice, I'm eager to have us all channel this "stop energy" and suspicion of Sun into something positive. For goodness sake, Sun's executives are agreeing with you and investing in the idea you were discussing!

For folks on those lists Brian added that aren't on OSOL-Discuss: Glynn's proposal can be found at: http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/opensolaris-discuss/2007-May/ 030366.html

S.