Hi,

James Carlson wrote:
> This discussion is obviously not getting anywhere, so if project leads
> aren't available and the project somehow still wants to go forward,
> then let's open the whole topic of the project creation process back
> up again at the next OGB meeting.  Please do try to contribute so that
> the new process (whatever it may be) is more to your liking.

Indeed, but it's showing a process that arguably the membership doesn't agree
with - as you say, it's a discussion point for the next meeting.

In the interests of moving this on, here's the following amendments to the
proposal.

1.3 Sponsors

    This project has a lot of overlap with a number of Community Groups in
    terms of technology but has particularly strong links to the
    'Distributions & Packaging' Community Group. For the purposes of this
    proposal, the 'Desktop' Community Group will sponsor it.

1.4 Involvement

    There is a strong intention for this to be a community grass roots
    project, with open contribution. We hope for this project to be
    consensus driven, though ultimately the project leads will need
    to dictate direction if that proves unfeasible for delivering
    a timely release. While many of those decisions can be made within
    that specific project area, based on requirements, there may be a
    real need for a technical committee (project leads) to be
    the sole arbiter.

    Project Leads: Glynn Foster
                   Ian Murdock

The only other sticking point is the name, and I agree with your concerns -
though arguably that's the most exciting part of the project proposal. I'm not
trying alienate all the other current or future distributions in any of this,
and in fact, I'd encourage their participation or thoughts. I think there's a
significant benefit to all of this, and if it turns into 2 years wasted (I
believe it won't), then it will be valuable experience for us all nonetheless.

Glynn