Artem Kachitchkine wrote:
Darren,

I feel like you covered the floor with little metal balls - one would slip no matter where he steps. I think that extensive discussions here and on indiana-discuss have established beyond reasonable doubt that opensolaris.org is indeed in a bit of an identity crisis.

hi ...

Oh, I think "crisis" may be a bit much. But you sure have put your finger on some of the dynamics. I view everything happening right now as really quite normal, though. We are growing. We are working our way through changes. Our identity is emerging, and we all are contributing to the creation of that identity. It's messy, sure, but that's good. That means that no single individual pulls the strings around here.

Let's keep talking about it. Darren's thread is on advocacy-discuss: http://opensolaris.org/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=196

Jim
--
Jim Grisanzio http://blogs.sun.com/jimgris

I would argue, however, that we have exhausted the healing potential of introspection and it is time for some bazaar-style action. I don't see any other viable way of approaching the questions you raised.